Historical Hotel

Historical Hotel

Hotel Maderno was built and founded by Filippo Erculiani in 1904.

Over the years, the hotel has received great recognition, but the awards given by the tourist board and by the association of hoteliers are particularly significant.

The hotel has been run by Pietro Luigi Piva since 1949 when he took over the management after the death of his mother Anna, the founder’s daughter.

During its history, the hotel has welcomed many famous people: from the world of opera, we can name Beniamino Gigli, Tito Schipa and Caterina Boratto.

Commandeered in the Second World War during the period of the Republic of Salò, it became the residence of some of the members of the government including the Minister of the Interior Buffarini Guidi, the philosopher Giovanni Gentile, the provincial party secretary Farinacci and some of the members of Mussolini’s family.

Some historical evidence remaining from these times is kept in a small museum inside the hotel.


Hotel Maderno - Via Statale,12 - 25088 - Toscolano Maderno (Bs) - Italy · Tel. 0365 641070 - Fax 0365 644277 - P.Iva 01742060989

© Lobram srl